Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dear finals-time (Day 50),


Hi guys! I sure miss you! I'm sorry my blog has been SLACKING recently. Isn't it ironic that the more things you have to write about, the less time you have to write about them. Life here is BU-SY! Last week and this week are midterms and next week are finals. I have NO idea how that works....but....it does. haha I LOVE what I am learning here...it's just a lot, that's all. Luckily after next friday, we only have to cover the Gospels and Ancient Near Eastern Studies after the Babylonian invasion......so......life should be a bit more calm. . . . . . .we hope, at least. We are all missing city-time. Aka going to get gummies in the old city......and the sites, of course. I still feel like there is so much more I want to see and we are already half way through! crazy! Ah, well: finals first, then CITY PARTY TIME! The next few days are going to be intense.
We have a test almost every single week day, so we have kind of run out of options besides just cramming each night for the test on the next day. We are all tired and we are stressed, but it’s nice to know we are all going through the same thing.

But…it’s Jerusalem…so I don’t want to complain too much. :) Posts just might be boring for the next 11 days, that’s all.

Thought of the day:
Knossos. Like Cronos? Like Incredables? Like Disney? Like Emporer Cuzco?
:) I like where my studying leads me. Minoan city --> I love Disney. :)



Dearest friends and family currently reading this blog: this is totally rebelling against everything this day-by-day-learning-blog stands for, but here's an update for you: 
Sabbath (Saturday) was great as always. Singing and journaling and life discussions at the Garden of Gethsemane church. I know, right?!?!?
Sunday we went on an all-day excursion to Eilat beach to SNORKEL! kind of a random day, but great to just chill on the beach. The Red Sea is SUPER salty....and actually the snorkeling is not as awesome ......sadly. But fun to be there with the people I love anyways.
Yesterday we went to this "Biblical Reserve." I remember my mom and dad talking about a village they went to while they were here with a wine press that was kind of "reconstructed" to be like an ancient town.........I was thinking it was going to be like that........kind of like that silly little village in Versailles. :) To my surprise, it was basically walking around in the Arab heat while our guide told us random facts about trees and stuff. VERY interesting...but also very RANDOM! By the end of the day, nothing could surprise me. "oh, now we are going to learn about hyssop plants while we crush them in a mortar and pestle? ok. Now we are herding sheep? ok. Now we are making pitas in the fire like girls camp? ok. Now we are listening to a Torah scribe? ok"   Random stuff, right?
Last Wednesday was the Separation Wall Tour. For lack of better words and creativity at the moment: it was LEGIT. ahahahah We had this guy come talk to us who is....long story short...really legit. He basically knows everyhting about the separation of Palestine and Israel. Quick read about the wall here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier. Although, I'm not sure Wiki can really do justice to the intensity of this conflict. I'm not sure I can either.....but.....Basically, Israel puts up walls in Palestinian neighborhoods and we talked about the issues of the conflict between the two. Highly political, a bit over my head....but mostly very very very interesting.

LOVE YOU GUYS! How is everything? Keep me updated! 

My next 10 days will be a bit boring cuz we are all just planning on studying all the time...but I'll try to keep you updated so you know I STILL CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Keep me updated!!!!

Sincerely yours, Chloe' Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment