Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Jerusalem Day 29,

Today, I took a nap "for the first time in a long time." And you know what? "I feel alive." (If you have no idea what I'm talking about right now, listen to "Barlights" by Fun. Normally, I'd post a link...but seeing how my internet compatibility is NOT high functioning...you'll have to go find it yourself. hehe And please do. The song is really a piece of art. It's been stuck in my head for the last, like, 3 weeks.)

I feel alive because I can think again. This morning was pretty lame. It was nice to wake up a second time and try to face this day with a new start. I don't mean to complain, but this morning was.....well....lame is still the best word I have to describe it. I have a poorly written, long, irritated rant that I typed this morning, but I will spare you.

this is my contemplative face. and my attempt to be as
classy as maddie m, stephgraff, audge, emily, and cyth.
i miss you, chicas. p.s. someone said the word "pinteresting"
today and I about died. major catch-up party with
the loft when i am home? i think so.
Basically: I'm a bit overwhelmed with our school work here. Coming back from a blissful and perfect week in Turkey to more homework than I could possibly swallow made me a bit discouraged. So taking a nap made me wake up with the attitude that maybe I CAN'T do everything. Maybe I need to accept that fact. I've been thinking about taking Fall semester off, now, for about a month. Today rekindled that option a bit. Maybe I need a break? Maybe I need to take a semester to chill out? Maybe I could go part time and get a job? *sigh* I dunno. I'll figure it out eventually. Not today. Today I'm going to be happy that I'm living in Jerusalem.

* * *

As it so happens, my school curriculum was perfectly coordinated today. Across my three subjects of the day, I learned about the core laws of the children of Israel, the historical happenings of the Jews, and the foundations of the faith of Islam. (p.s. I think I just alliterated that sentence w/o even realizing. woa.) I may or may not deny this later: but I'm a totally nerd for history. I love this so much.

Other than that, today has consisted of fairly routine-like activities: food, class, announcements, linen exchange, food, class, attempt to study/blogging instead, food, homework, sleep. If you were hoping for something more exciting, I guess my advice to you (and to myself) is: get used to it. :) This is life in the Center. Sure it would be different if I were traveling, but the fact of the matter is: I'm not. I'm here to learn, not to mess around all the time. But don't worry, I'll get the hang of this eventually. I guess in the end it's not so mundane...but then again: after Turkey, EVERYTHING seems mundane. Oh well. I'm not too worried about it now (thanks to said nap-time). Welcome back to school!

And so, my dearest Jerusalem: here we are. Everyone tells me that you are heaven. You are happiness. You are home. . . . . . . It just doesn't quite seem real to me yet.

Hope all is well in the States. If you are in school right now as well: Kol Tuv. I ♥ you, Chloe' Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment