Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cedar Falls Week 21



Things are good here. We are seeing SO many people, so we feel a bit spread thin, but we love it everyday and we work hard. Farnsworth is becoming a great friends : and it's cool to have SO many cool experiences together: spiritual and not. We have started "Taco Tuesdays" and we have a fun time talking. I couldn't think of a place I would rather be. Of course I miss you all intensely...but the closer I get to my Savior, the more reassured I am that you are in His hands. :) This week I was working on faith in the Atonement. It's a beautiful thing.

Highlights:
----Had some cool "led by the Spirit" experiences. We hopped out of our car on this random street at the same time as this girl. She is totally hippie and I felt I could be really open with her and she then told us that as soon as she got out of the car she had the thought that we were here in front of her for a reason. which is interesting because she is agnostic. she wanted to meet with us. What the???? COOL STUFF.      We then had a similar experience finding a family that used to host LDS missionaries for years, although they are Lutheran. So cool.

----Also had some cool experiences with acceptance: We met John, Brian, and Chris (3 separate occasions) who we instantly taught the Restoration to and invited to be baptized. Each of them said they would if they prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true and got an answer. AWESOME!

--Met a girl named Ally who is doing a mission trip to China and we had this cool conversation about what it would be like. I felt like she was my friend within 10 minutes and she prayed before we parted that "whatever the outcome of our meetings, we pray we glorify you, Lord." It was beautiful perspective. She bore her testimony to us that Jesus "bridges the gap" of what we cannot do. It was so cool!!! I was so happy.

----Had some building "me" experiences: Went to Zone Confernce: Spirit taught me a lot! Had a mind-blowing talk with a member about ordinances and I was so happy I thought I would get up and dance. Or stake president told us that we "cannot deny the power thereof" when we have been called to leadership positions. Super awesome. Learning curve here is SO STEEP!

----Had a cool lesson with Su--- (my favorite investigator here--can we pick favorites? like favorite apostles? shoot.....) her kids were at school for once, she told us she would never see herself being Mormon, but that we had increased her faith in the Savior. I was so thrilled to fulfill my purpose. She is closer to her Savior because I chose to be here. I was so overjoyed I got ice cream. :) I am so happy I could change her heart a little.....although I must say the next day was pretty rough. Satan hates the work of salvation. 

Quote of the week: "As darkness rises, more people will run to the light." -Elder Belliston (my zone leader)

also: funny: on memorial day: we cleaned headstones in the cemetery with dried corn cobs. ONLY IN IOWA!!!!!


well, that's about it for this week. Hope you feel updated on my life. :)

Love you. A lot. 
Sister Sumsion






My District -
brewer, phelps, musick, belliston, farns, me
schubert, kelley
I love NY/NJ - (for siblings)

No comments:

Post a Comment