Monday, March 31, 2014

Cedar Falls Week 13 - new companion Sis. Farnsworth



Oh my word. I love my mission. I am in Cedar Falls still but I have a new companion, Sister Farnsworth. I LOVE HER SO MUCH ALREADY!!!! She is an answer to the hope I had in my heart for another great companion. She works SO HARD and is ready to follow the Spirit. We have had the best studies together. And seen miracles already. Sister Monroe is now in Davenport and I will miss her.  I am grateful to have Sister Farnsworth now. Gosh: can't get over it: she's so great. the beginning of this week I was getting really anxious to "pass on" the area to her. To make sure I knew enough about how to get around and all the info about this place and the people we are working with. Her energy for the work and her confidence in teaching and feeling the Spirit is a perfect breath of fresh air to my heart that was beginning to be worried that I didn't know enough. Plus, the weather turned officially springtime and everyone is SOOOO happy!

We are currently working actively with 13 people. It's CRAZY! I think in Iowa City we had like 5. It is a challenge, but I love each of them so much that it's literally fun to be here.  (she told us about all 13! – edited out)
……
(Sister Farnsworth..) She is a champion. She has no sheets on her bed (we are buying them right after this emailing) but that shows you how dedicated she is to WORK. We have been tryign to plan a road trip to the outlying towns around CF for 3 months now and it kept not working out. We decided today was the day and just WENT. It was so cool. Our area expands like 2 hours East of CF (out to Ackley if you want to Google map it) and we always end up staying here because we have so much to do here. But we went with a list of less-actives to find that bishop gave us, with the idea to find people along the way, so we just headed out.

Coolest part of the day: We get out of the car in the little town of New Hartford with literally a dozen streets in town. we meet a guy outside and talk to him and leave him with a mormon.org card and leave feeling like we had TOTALLY fulfilled our purpose. We ate lunch on the TINY highschool's bleachers and had the best talk EVER about how we had become something truly great because of our past experiences in this world. We drove to a street and looked for this one house: #522. There was a 520, 521, 530. We asked a guy on the street and he didn't know. We lingered for a second, threw our hands in the area and kept driving. For 3 minutes I had a conversation in my head about what I was feeling. I didn't feel right about it. I was trying to understand if the Spirit was trying to speak to me. finally I figured "if it is the Spirit, why not?" I told Farnsworth we needed to go back. We come back to the street, got out. We tried one more house...and then we were able to talk to the random guy on the street again: but this time about the gospel!!!!! And then we turned around: HOUSE 522!!!!!!! It was completely out of order from the rest of the street. I thought to myself: this is what I pictured myself doing in Iowa. This was complete bliss. I felt SO light as we drove through sunlight and cornfields with the windows down. I LOVE being here.  I love the TEENY small towns and the miracles we had there. God is truly directing this work. I know that. With my whole heart.

Love,
Sister Chloe Sumsion


No comments:

Post a Comment