Monday, March 24, 2014

Cedar Falls Week 12



Fortunately for my testimony, sometimes God gives us knowledge and then allows us the opportunity to use it. Saturday was a rough day and it reminded me that missionary work means I'll need to WORK! With our district leader we listened to a really really amazing talk by Elder Holland about how it's SUPPOSED to be hard because Salvation is not a cheap experience and that we can't have this life be easy if we want to be along Jesus Christ in whom life was NEVER easy for. 

I think i've told you about H---, but not really. Here's her brief story:

My companion and I followed some promptings and wound up talking to this desk receptionist on one of my first weeks in Cedar Falls. She is 23 and left the church when she was a teenager. We taught her, she prayed and had an amazing experience, and she is now fully active and we went with her yesterday to receive her Patriarchal Blessing. It was a sweet, sweet experience.I think she and I will be friends for a long time. We each bore testimony on the way home that we were here in this place at this time for this exact reason. It was very powerful.


The Patriarch told us that our blessing is "our personal KEY to receive revelation" I think that means it shows us HOW to. As all things in life, prayerfully study yours today!

Also, a girl named J--- that I found in Iowa City set a baptism date for April 18 and I am SO EXCITED!

Love, 
Sister Sumsion

She gave us her companion's blog this week and we able to read a lot of what Chloe doesn't tell us... :-)  I think one of them will be transferred tomorrow but Sister Monroe has lots of pictures and experiences of the last 12 weeks together...

ofcornfieldsandconversions.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment