Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear Loved Ones (Day 100),

I had an intimate conversation with my professor yesterday, and felt the tiniest tug at my heart for the first time.

It's time to say goodbye.

I'm not sure if it hasn't hit me yet, or if I just don't want to let it hit me yet. I think I refuse to let it sink in because I still have time left here. I think I have willfully chosen not to count the number of days left here. I have refused to start a count down like others here have done (notice the title). I am soaking up every last minute here. I am not watching movies or sleeping more than necessary. I am not doing my homework instead of going to the city. I refuse to give in that easily. I will live in my city until my city is forced from my sight in the window of the airplane.

And so, it is with much deliberation that I have decided to give up blogging until I am home August 9th. I keep stressing about it. I keep worrying I won't have time. And the truth is, I don't. Not that I can't make time....just that I choose to savor this last week-or-so for every inch of beauty it is worth.

To my family: I will call you, don't worry. And we will have lots of catch up time on our road trip the following weekend.

To my wonderful and faithful friends: I'm sorry. I which I could say I'll email you more but........chances are, I'll call you first chance I get.

Here is to living life to it's fullest. Here is to treasuring every moment of things you love. Here is to the chance of a lifetime. See you soon. Literally.

Sincerely, Chloe Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment