Monday, January 27, 2014

CEDAR FALLS, IA - Snowed in 3 times


FLAMLY!

--I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MET SCOTT AND SISTER LLOYD!!!!!!  (Keisha lloyd is her first trainer and old comp that got home in December and Scott is the person they helped baptize who is a truck driver driving through SLC last week.  They called me to come down and meet them at temple square last week)  I AM SO HAPPY! Keisha said she felt like she was with me that day and it was so great. I miss talking to Scott so much. Give them continual thanks for all they taught me.

This week we were grounded three times because of the bad weather. Sister Monroe is from California...and our driver. It's been fun to realize this week how much the Lord has protected me in my life because I have driven in A LOT WORSE than this. hahahaha 

I got SO STIR CRAZY this week. I love every part of this work! I just love it so much that I think sometimes Sister Monroe gets annoyed because I love it so much. I want to go finding and it's like -50 and she's like I'm going to punch you.

Speaking of Sister Monroe: we work SO well together. We had the greatest talk this week because she was really upset and I asked her about it and she spilled what was on her mind. She is a fantastic person. Seriously: I love her so much. I think she works to overcome her weaknesses more than any other person I know. It is so cool to watch and sometimes it makes me feel like a WUSS because of how tough she is. She is teaching me to really talk through my emotions and frustrations. It's really cool.

Yesterday, the elders in our ward and Sister MOnroe and I talked about missionary work and how really the point of our entire lives is to be under the influence of the Spirit at all times. (that is from a talk from Enzio Bushe called "Unleashing the DOrmant Spirit" powerhouse talk, if you need on this week). It was cool to bear testimony of it because it's somehting I'm not very good at as a missionary yet: being avalible to be influenced by the Spirit at all times. So it was cool to really feel the truthfulness of my words as I spoke. I pray that all of us might be a little more willing this week to follow the Spirit: including myself.

AUNT KERRI sent me a package that was super personal to me in the area. It talked about the flame of testimony which ahs been my theme this last transfer. HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!?!?!?

Ok time up. Follow the Spirit! LOVE YOU
-clo
~Sister Chloé Michelle Sumsion~

No comments:

Post a Comment