Monday, February 3, 2014

Cedar Falls, IA - Week 5, Week 19 Mission

Ok, this week was SOOOOO cool for no particular reason besides that I am who I am and I nerd out about things.

This Gospel is AWESOME!!!! Seriously, it changes lives.

First thing to report: I had my first exchange this week!!!!!!! Since Lloyd & Murphy were Sister Training Leaders, I never went on an official exchange and this one was full of MIRACLES! Sister Cannon was my companion for about 26 hours and I learned SSSSOOOO MUCH from the Spirit.

The Spirit changes EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. 
"Chapter 4, PMG, I can't emphasize it enough." -Sister Lloyd
"You want to do good and be good? That is commendable. But the greatest good that can be achieved is to be under the complete influence of the Holy Spirit." -Enzio Bucshe "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit"
I learned this week that when we are obedient, we can feel the Spirit more frequently, and then we can be teachable...and I think that chain works visa versa too....
When we seek for the Spirit, we realize that the Atonement can help us with ANYTHING.

The Atonement can help:
Julie (investigator on date for feb 22) with strength to stop smoking
Hannah (a "lost sheep" in the Gospel) with clarity to know if God still speaks to her
Sister Dunigan (a member headed to the temple on saturday) with her memory to remember the knowledge she has and feels like she can't access
My companion (who I love desperate, but who is struggling right now) to remove the stress and worry she feels about this area
Me (who is SO happy, but keenly aware of my imperfections) to allow the Lord to work HIS work through an imperfect servant
Anyone anywhere (who feels like they are trying to do things alone) should come unto Him.

I promise anyone who reads these words that Jesus is the Christ. He knows our imperfections. He wants to help us with them. He knows better than us, what we need. He always attempts to speak to us. He is ANXIOUS to help us with anything. 
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS TURN TO HIM. 
If you are reading your scriptures and praying daily, and attending church, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CANNOT MAKE IT THROUGH. 
" Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe." -Holland "Lord I Believe"

This week, I really had FUN. Seriously. I am obsessed with this new insight that I have about wanting the Spirit all the time because He makes me feel SO GOOD. Like I can conquer anything....which is a good feeling to have this week......My companion is a SPITTING image of me. We have the same weaknesses, but different strengths. She is having a really rough time right now and I have LOVED LOVED LOVED watching Heavenly Father have me look at myself through her and teach me what I need to do.......and how far I have come. I got to bear powerful testimony this week of how much the Atonement had healed me. I was in her exact position a few months ago and now I am so at peace with the world because Sister Lloyd showed me how to access the Atonement and Sister Murphy taught me how to have prayers of accountability every night so that I would never feel overwhelmed or unsettled about my work here.

Also: I may be going to the temple this Saturday!!!!!!!!!! Plans aren't cleared yet, but I am so excited that it's a possibility!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kinz Danahoo, David Bean, and Grandpa Bapa. Families are forever and I am glad mine includes you!!!! Can't wait to see you three again!!!!!!

sorry. time sucks. 
LOVE YOU FAMILY!
-chloemichelle


No comments:

Post a Comment