Monday, February 17, 2014

Cedar falls - week 6. Week 20 mission


Feb 10, 2014


Hi.

My heart is incredibly calm this week. My companion stays up for hours every night worrying about things here, and I am asleep in like 15 seconds. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't think enough about the people I work with, but I had some really cool experiences this week because of it:
 
I felt all week that the Lord was trying to tell me something and I sought a blessing yesterday from my district leader. My heart was so calm I thought it might stop. (just kidding: but seriously it felt so cool). It told me that HE was the one giving me my strength each day. I am so grateful for a God that knows us so personally and blesses us so perfectly.

Two weeks ago, we had a district meeting and it was confirmed to me by the Spirit that the people in Cedar Falls need more doctrine...myself included. I have been trying...and sad to say struggling, with this all week. My companion is AMAZING at bearing testimony....I am amazing at just talking. :) So needless to say: I have a lot to learn. It has been really cool this week to focus on giving people simple truth. That is what people need. That is what I need. That is what my companion needs. Truth. Straight up doctrine. Pure and simple testimony that Jesus is the Christ and that HE, as the Messiah and as my Redeemer, can help me: any time, any day, any way that I need or that He desires. The Atonement changes everything: including hearts. And people. And lives.

Also: my district leader who gave this powerful training on the Atonement reminds me so much of Ben. Elder Sumsion: I pictured you time and time again this week as District Leader over me. It was so cool to think of you giving powerful trainings like I KNOW you are. I am so proud of you and wish we could share more with each other about our missions and help each other out: but please know your weekly letters to mom are SSSSSOOOOOOOOO great. I seriously look up to you, little brother, and I know that we are both learning about how to apply the Atonement in our lives and look forward to the MANY conversations I know we will have about the work of the Lord. LOVE YOU, BENNET! (She calls her brother Ben - Bennet - who is also on a mission as a district leader.)
 
The Lord is my Best Friend. Time and time again this week, I wished Sister Lloyd would be here. I knew she would have the answer to this investigator's question, or that part of the lesson, or this theory about how to teach, or that testimony of the Atonement, or this help to my companion. And so it was bore testimony to me over and over again that I was here for a divine and glorious reason and that I was here to learn what it best for these people......and then it would hit me over and over again that I have NO IDEA what these people need......and then again and again and again and again I would turn to the Lord as ask Him. Turning to Him is the answer to everything. I am slowly learning: and He is patient with me. I have weakness and strengths: which I am REALLY TRYING to have Him use for the upbringing of His kingdom of the earth. I pray each day that my heart will be humble enough to receive it.

 :) So yeah. The work is incredible. Transfers are this week but Sister Monroe and I are hoping we have another 6 weeks together!

Miss you, fam!
-Sister Chloe Michelle Sumsion


No comments:

Post a Comment