Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dear Hannah,

I can imagine it. A night much like this one. The sky around us is black, but the paper is illuminated by the stars. Finally alone after a day of hustle and bustle and people we love. I keep wanting to look at the paper, but I'm crying and hugging you instead. You're happy. Like always.

Of course you'd get to go first. I'm not surprised. Lead the way for little old me. You've always been wiser. And I try to convey, again, how much I truly need you.

Everyone is gone. Tyler. Austin. Mommy and padre. My sister. Perhaps I just held my brothers close that evening as you slipped to the other side of the veil. I knew you wouldn't remember me, nor I you...but we'd find each other again. This was a temporary lapse in an eternal friendship.

And there you were again tonight. Parallel to a night long ago. Leading me into the future, mission call in hand.

But Austin was there this time. We hugged. And I felt. I felt deep in my soul. He knew. He knew.

And in that moment, both of us felt something powerful towards you. Deep love. That passes all boundaries and time.

I am so very proud of you. I am proud of the women you've become. I will miss you. OH how I will miss you. But I'm not sad. I tried to be, but I was numb instead. I just felt blessed. Overwhelmingly blessed that you found me. And I know how great you will be there.

But we won't forget this time.

------------

I don't have many other words that are non-cliché. But I absolute love you.

And my life. And everything about this day. -Chloé

3 comments:

  1. I like the words you found. Like, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chloé,

    I'm usually good at finding words, but you often leave me with nothing to say. All I have are the oldest (bestest) words. Thank you. I love you, too.

    love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete