Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dear and Deep Love,


I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around, 
But somehow, love takes all of that for me.
When I loose my faith, in my darkest days, 
Love is the thing that makes it possible for me to believe Christ does.

When I want my ways, and I realize they are all in vain, 
Love is found patiently waiting.
Even when I am the same, all my mistakes and pride and shame
Love puts me back on my feet.

And when that world slows down, dear.
And when those stars burn out, here.
Love will always be there holding out through everything.

This is what people call love. 
And this true, full, and complete love, this is REAL love, and it is all I need.   
      
                                                                                               -adapted from a beautiful song by Parachute 

**********

real love means feeling more unselfish. real love means wanting them to grow. real love means seeing when they doubt. 

real love is forgiveness after years of hurt. real love is noticing I was in the wrong. real love is red even when missing them was grey and losing them was blue.

real love means starting over. real love means never giving up. real love means accepting that things are going to change. real love is loving them through all of it. real love is trusting someone with every part of me.

real love means knowing hurt. real love means never wanting them to. real love sometimes means hurting them to prevent further or greater hurt. real love is supressing urges to do things I know would hurt them. real love is trying my best at self control. real love is prioritizing. real love is being willing to. real love is doing what I need instead of what I want. real love means loving someone even when I don't like them.

real love is painful. real love makes me put up walls. real love is beautiful. real love makes me knock those walls down

*********

But I'm bad at real love. Everyone is. Because we are human. We only get parts of it. 

But we try. And when I do, or I see that someone else does, that makes all the difference.

-clo

outside the garden of gethsemane, jerusalem, israel

No comments:

Post a Comment