Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dear expectations,

I've realized something lately. My biggest life-theory in a really long time. Which, for me, is saying something. I come up with a lot. But this one is a good one:

Our lives are entirely revolved around our expectations. 
The ideas we have, in our brains, of the way things should go...they mean everything.

If we set our expectations to high, we are disappointed. If we set them too low, we miss out on a lot of joy. So we wake up, debating our risk.

Take your time coming home.
Hear the wheels as they roll.
Let your lungs fill up with smoke.
Forgive everyone.
She is here and now she is gone.
We had plans, we can't help but make love...
It's a beautiful thing when you love somebody.
How did I find love and conquer all of my fears?
See, I made it out.
Out from under the sun.
And the truth is that I feel better because I've forgiven everyone.
Now I'm not scared
of the sounds
or the states
or the stages.
I'm not scared,
I've got friends,
took my call,
came courageous.

Now I feel like I am home.
                                                                                             -Take Your Time, Fun. 







i have the coolest brother

No comments:

Post a Comment