Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dear random conThai with glasses (day 67),

Ok maybe I'm the only one that does this...but you know when you are so in the moment that you forget which moment you are actually in...and then you can pull yourself out?

It happened during Thai cooking class today I was so excited to be doing exactly what I love...with people I love...at peace...that my heart was just so absorbed. And then I pulled myself up into the sky and looked down at the scene before me and it hit me all over again: I'm in a SUPER cool place with a SUPER cool life. I have good food in my tummy, beautiful nature around me, and good conversation floating into my now distant ears.

It happened again when I was shopping. I'm bustlin' around speaking as much Thai and I can muster, having so much fun bartering and getting things I super want for my mission...and then I find around to the back side of the shops, asking the score of the soccer game that's on. For one moment, this kid and I's hearts were open to each other...just watchin' the game on his computer. I couldn't stop myself from smiling: life is cool.

My FAVORITE Thai food: 
mango sticky rice (cow-knee-ow-ma-moo-ong)
who knew such a simple dish was so much work?
finding a good market
dicing and juicing the coconut
coconut cream and coconut milk...very different

happiness
steaming the rice
massive amounts of dishes

p.s. Thai's can cut mangoes like no one's business.
the far half is my Thai mom's pro skill...the closest one is my sad attempt to be conThai!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to teach us!! It looks SOOO good. Although, I don't think we have mangos that big here! Yum.

    ReplyDelete